FAQs about Olla
- Q?Costs for Meters Deposits in Olla
All meter turn ON’s must be authorized throught the Town Hall of Olla.
- Homeowners or Business owners deposit – $75.00
- Renters deposit – $150.00 (If you own a trailer and the lot is rented you are still considered the renter. Rent to ow is also considered a renter.)
- Q?When is Garbage Pick-Up in Olla?
It is recommended that you put your can curbside by Tuesday afternoon. ( All trash must be bagged.)
- Households – Wednesday morning by 5 a.m.
- Business – Tuesday & Friday
The garbage cans belong to the Town of Olla. If you take the can with you, if you move, you will be charged $96.00.
- Q?When do utility bill’s come out for the Town of Olla?
Bills come out on the 1st day of the month and are due by the 15th. After the 15th you are assessed a 10% penalty. After the 25th you will be assessed a $20 disconnect charge. Reconnecting any water service without proper authority to do so, will result in prosecution for theft of public utilities.
- Transfers of deposit will be made only if the current bill is paid in full including the amount due through the reading on the turn-off date. A $20.00 transfer fee will be added to your new account. (Sec. 19-19)
- When turning off your service, please contact the Town Hall of Olla and make them aware of the turn-off date, and your forwarding mailing address.
- Q?Information regarding pets and animals in the Town of Olla
- There will be no livestock, horses, mules, donkeys, cattle, swine, sheep, goats, domesticated deer, buffalo, bison or beefalo, chickens, ducks or fowl permitted within the corporate city limits (Ordinacnce 81 & 83, as amended).
- Information regarding dogs: No person shall permit any doge in his possession, or kept by him about his premises, to run at large on any unenclosed land or trespass upon any unenclosed lands of another within the limits of the Town of Olla (Sec.4-37). If you have a dog, you must have it registered annually with the Police Department and purchase a license. License fees are $5.00 per dog. Rabies vaccination papers are required before a license will be issued.
Olla has an ordinance outlining special requirements for owners of dangerous breeds of dogs, such as pit bulls. Please click here to view a copy of the ordinance.
- Q?Where can I find information about permits for the Town of Olla?
Building permits are required for new residences, mobile homes, and/ or remodels. Contact Town Hall directly for further information.
- Q?What do I do in case of utility emergency?
Any emergencies concerning water or sewer between 4:00 pm and 8:00 am daily and weekends should be referred to the LaSalle Parish Sheriff’s Department at (318) 495-5128. They will dispach someone to help you.
- Q?Who do I contact for services in Olla?
Water & Sewer Service
Town of Olla
In continuing to keep Olla’s water system up to date and more cost effective, we are in the process of making significant upgrades to our metering system. We are currently replacing all water meters with new electronic badger meters. The new meters will provide more accurate meter readings for billing purposes and provide a platform which can help customers better manage their utility bill by providing them with timely information concerning their water usage.
Water Production and Distribution: Water is a critical resource for both consumption and fire protection. We strive to provide our customers with high-quality and plentiful supply of water derived from the cockfield aquifer. The Town of Olla has backup electrical generation at our major water treatment and distribution plants in order to maintain service to our customers all day, every day.
Customer Service 318-495-5151
Phones , Internet Providers and Television Services
Customer Service: 1.877.290.5458
Entergy Louisiana, LLC
Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, L.L.C.
Customer Service and Emergencies: 1.800.368.3749 (1.800.ENTERGY)
Power Outages: 1.800.968.8243 (1.800.9OUTAGE)
Customer Service: 1.888.286.6700 (888-Atmos00)
Emergencies: 1.866.322.8667 (866-ECAtmos)